Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default HELP with link to specific page in a pdf

how on earth in 2003 or 2007 do I create a hyperlink from my Word document to
a specific page in a PDF? I have it linked to the PDF but can't get it to a
specific page.

I looked on line and from what I can see it says to add #page= and then the
page number. I'm not sure where in the link to add it but where ever I have
put it, it does nothing.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Using #page= only works for sure if your pdf is on a webserver. That is, if
your link starts with http:// or https:// . In case of file:// links (local
ones) it depends on a number of aspects which you most likely can not
control for your users.

A solution which will always work is the use of named destinations. However,
that implies editing your pdf file. For more information on this topic, just
do a google search.

Yves

"Kim" wrote in message
how on earth in 2003 or 2007 do I create a hyperlink from my Word document
a specific page in a PDF? I have it linked to the PDF but can't get it to
specific page.

I looked on line and from what I can see it says to add #page= and then
the
page number. I'm not sure where in the link to add it but where ever I
have
put it, it does nothing.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

We tried converting the word and/or the PDF to html and it still did not
work. I've been googling the hell out of it for over 12 hours now.

"Kim" wrote in message
how on earth in 2003 or 2007 do I create a hyperlink from my Word document
a specific page in a PDF? I have it linked to the PDF but can't get it to
specific page.

I looked on line and from what I can see it says to add #page= and then
the
page number. I'm not sure where in the link to add it but where ever I
have
put it, it does nothing.

Thank you.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

I don't understand why you would switch to html, unless you have no means to
edit your pdf. Anyway, html doesn't know the concept of pages, so if you
would try to convert your pdf to a html, you would have to provide an anchor
to mark a place in your html document you want your Word document to point
to.

So in your html code, you would have something looking like:

a name="placeInMyHTML"text to point toa

And in your Word document, you would have a link to

http://www.someplace.com/myfile.htm#placeInMyHTML

Yves