Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenky Lenky is offline

Default Editing citation to add page number

At the beginning of my document, I could add page numbers by clicking on the
citation, selecting edit and adding the page number.

For some reason, when I try to do that now, rather than adding the page
numbers, it deletes the actual citation and puts the page number instead ie.

( O Mustad & Sons) - I try to add page 15 and it is now (p. 15).

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

What do you mean by "it deletes the actual citation"? Do you mean that it
removes the citation field code and just adds plain text? Or do you mean
that it still is a citation field but that the author and/or title aren't
shown anymore?

If the second is the case, could it be that you accidentally selected the
suppress options? They are in the same dialog where you added the page
number.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"Lenky" wrote in message
At the beginning of my document, I could add page numbers by clicking on
the
citation, selecting edit and adding the page number.

For some reason, when I try to do that now, rather than adding the page
numbers, it deletes the actual citation and puts the page number instead
ie.

( O Mustad & Sons) - I try to add page 15 and it is now (p. 15).

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ArmySyko ArmySyko is offline

In Word 2007, you have to select the dropdown arrow after inserting
the citation and select "Edit Citation". That will allow you to add
in your page numbers and suppress any additional information you may
not need in it. I had the same trouble just this evening and FINALLY
figured out how to do it on my own.

Rich

"Lenky" wrote in message

At the beginning of my document, I could add page numbers by clicking on
the
citation, selecting edit and adding the page number.

For some reason, when I try to do that now, rather than adding the page
numbers, it deletes the actualcitationand puts the page number instead
ie.

( O Mustad & Sons) - I try to add page 15 and it is now (p. 15).

Please help!- Hide quoted text -