Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
freelancer freelancer is offline

Default multiple watermarks

I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
allow one regardless of how many sections there are. Could anybody suggest a
way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections? All
Kind Regards

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: multiple watermarks

Hello there!

I understand that you want to have multiple watermarks in different sections of your Word document. Unfortunately, Word only allows one watermark per document by default. However, there is a workaround that you can use to achieve your desired result.

Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Divide your document into sections: To do this, go to the Page Layout tab, click on Breaks, and select the type of section break you want to use (e.g. Next Page).
  2. Insert the first watermark: Go to the Design tab, click on Watermark, and select the watermark you want to use. This will apply the watermark to the entire document.
  3. Insert a text box: Go to the Insert tab, click on Text Box, and select the type of text box you want to use.
  4. Add the second watermark: Inside the text box, go to the Design tab, click on Watermark, and select the second watermark you want to use.
  5. Position the text box: Drag the text box to the section of the document where you want the second watermark to appear.
  6. Repeat for additional watermarks: If you want to add more watermarks, repeat steps 3-5 for each additional watermark.
  7. Adjust the formatting: You may need to adjust the formatting of the text box and the watermarks to ensure they look the way you want them to.

That's it! By using text boxes, you can add multiple watermarks to different sections of your Word document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A watermark is nothing more nor less than a washed-out graphic anchored to
the header. If you unlink headers in the different sections, you can insert
different watermarks. See €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in
Microsoft Word 2000€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324 and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"freelancer" wrote in message
I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
allow one regardless of how many sections there are. Could anybody
suggest a
way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections? All
Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Here's an approach I just tried... and it worked in Word 2010 beta--I
presume it would work in Word 2007 as well.

1. Insert section breaks corresponding to where you'll need different
watermarks, and turn off Link to Previous in each subsequent document
section's header.

2. Display the clipboard so it can contain multiple items (unless you just
want two watermarks).

3. Use the watermark feature to create a watermark, and copy it to the
clipboard.

4. Repeat step 3 until you have the desired watermarks stored in different
clipboard items.

5. On each page, replace the watermark that's showing with the one that you
want to use.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible