Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Lindsay Luke Lindsay is offline

Default Editing equation in rtf doc: "Word equation too large to convert"

I have an academic paper that I have written and need to share with my
co-authors who use MS Word. I converted it from latex to rtf format. I can
open the document in word 2007 and edit it, however, whenever I try to edit
an equation I get a dialogue box with the error message €śWord equation too
large to convert". The contents of the equation get erased and I have close
the equation editor and press Crtl-z to get the contents of the equation
back. The problem occurs even with very simple equations, such as the
fraction 1/2. I have searched the web and others seem to have had the same
problem. I haven't found a solution or work-around.

Is there a way to get round this problem? The only solution I have at the
moment is to delete the equations, then manually enter them again using the
word equation editor.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Lindsay[_2_] Luke Lindsay[_2_] is offline

Default Editing equation in rtf doc: "Word equation too large to conve

"Opinicus" wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:46:01 -0700, Luke Lindsay Luke
wrote:

large to convert". The contents of the equation get erased and I have close
the equation editor and press Crtl-z to get the contents of the equation
back. The problem occurs even with very simple equations, such as the
fraction 1/2. I have searched the web and others seem to have had the same
problem. I haven't found a solution or work-around
Is there a way to get round this problem?

Try using .doc or, if you have it, .docx format. I prefer .rtf myself
but I know from experience that when things like tables and graphics
etc are involved the files can get HUGE. This may be the source of the
problem that you're having with the equation editor.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Thank you for your reply. I've tried saving the document in doc format but
the problem persists (although the filesize is much smaller). I've also
tried pasting a single equation into a blank document. When I save it in doc
format the file size is 11kb but again the problem persists. I'm able change
the font and fontsize of the equation ok, but when I double click the
equation to edit it, I get the error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JC Bush JC Bush is offline

Default This is a problem in Word 2007

This bug can be reproduced wholly within Word 2007. Use field codes (hit ctrl-f9) to make any simple equation like { EQ 0}, and then I get the error when I click on it.

Luke Lindsay wrote:

"Opinicus" wrote:Thank you for your reply.
05-May-10

"Opinicus" wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I have tried saving the document in doc format but
the problem persists (although the filesize is much smaller). I have also
tried pasting a single equation into a blank document. When I save it in doc
format the file size is 11kb but again the problem persists. I am able change
the font and fontsize of the equation ok, but when I double click the
equation to edit it, I get the error message.

BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...fective-c.aspx