Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
moon4707 moon4707 is offline

Default Word 2007 - Endnotes at the end of each chapter

Hi,

I am doing a multi-chapter project and have been attempting to put endnotes
at the end of each chapter. I have had no success. Can this be done? If so,
how?

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert a section break at the end of each chapter and set the endnotes
options to insert the notes at the end of the section rather than at the end
of the document.
You can access the options by clicking the little arrow in the bottom right
corner of the Footnotes group on the References tab of the ribbon.

"moon4707" wrote in message
Hi,

I am doing a multi-chapter project and have been attempting to put
endnotes
at the end of each chapter. I have had no success. Can this be done? If
so,
how?

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Powell[_2_] David Powell[_2_] is offline

1. Bring up the Footnotes and Endnotes dialog box. It's a corner-arrow click
in the References tab, Footnotes group (or [Alt] S Q).

2. In the Location panel, select the Endnotes drop-down so that it says End
of Section rather than End of Document.

3. Obviously, your chapters must be organised as sections. You can define
various sections using the lower options in Page Layout|Page Setup|Breaks (or
[Alt] P B).

4.

"moon4707" wrote:

Hi,

I am doing a multi-chapter project and have been attempting to put endnotes
at the end of each chapter. I have had no success. Can this be done? If so,
how?

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
moon4707 moon4707 is offline

Graham,

I do have another question. When I place my endnotes at the end of each
section, will the count begin at 1, which is what I want, or will the count
be continuous from section to section? Again, thank you very much.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

"moon4707" wrote in message
Hi,

I am doing a multi-chapter project and have been attempting to put
endnotes
at the end of each chapter. I have had no success. Can this be done? If
so,
how?

Thank you for your help.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your call. In the dialog you choose whether they restart in each section or
are continuous.

http://word.mvps.org

"moon4707" wrote in message
Graham,

I do have another question. When I place my endnotes at the end of each
section, will the count begin at 1, which is what I want, or will the
count
be continuous from section to section? Again, thank you very much.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome