Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Page Layout Changes in Word when I Change Printer-Quality Settings

Hi,

I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Here is a screen cast of my problem:
http://home.comcast.net/~richmaxw/word. It's hard to explain in writing, so
I figured a video would work better.

This started happening after I changed the font in my invoices from Garamond
(a TrueType font) to Adobe Garamond Pro (an OpenType font) because Garamond
Pro looks much better on screen than the TrueType version. So, it doesn't
happen when the font is set in Garamond, only Garamond Pro. It does not
happen in OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Maxwell
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would be surprised if the Normal quality setting did not give a perfectly
acceptable result.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Here is a screen cast of my problem:
http://home.comcast.net/~richmaxw/word. It's hard to explain in writing,
so
I figured a video would work better.

This started happening after I changed the font in my invoices from
Garamond
(a TrueType font) to Adobe Garamond Pro (an OpenType font) because
Garamond
Pro looks much better on screen than the TrueType version. So, it doesn't
happen when the font is set in Garamond, only Garamond Pro. It does not
happen in OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Maxwell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Page Layout Changes in Word when I Change Printer-Quality Sett

No. The normal seeting does not give me a good result at all. If it did, I
would use it. I've had this printer for many years, so I know what works for
it and what doesn't.

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Here is a screen cast of my problem:
http://home.comcast.net/~richmaxw/word. It's hard to explain in writing,
so
I figured a video would work better.

This started happening after I changed the font in my invoices from
Garamond
(a TrueType font) to Adobe Garamond Pro (an OpenType font) because
Garamond
Pro looks much better on screen than the TrueType version. So, it doesn't
happen when the font is set in Garamond, only Garamond Pro. It does not
happen in OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Maxwell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Display, try checking the box
for "Optimize character positioning for layout rather than readability."

http://word.mvps.org

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Here is a screen cast of my problem:
http://home.comcast.net/~richmaxw/word. It's hard to explain in writing,
so
I figured a video would work better.

This started happening after I changed the font in my invoices from
Garamond
(a TrueType font) to Adobe Garamond Pro (an OpenType font) because
Garamond
Pro looks much better on screen than the TrueType version. So, it doesn't
happen when the font is set in Garamond, only Garamond Pro. It does not
happen in OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Maxwell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the "Always use ClearType" option on or off (Office button | Word Options,
Popular)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Here is a screen cast of my problem:
http://home.comcast.net/~richmaxw/word. It's hard to explain in writing,
so
I figured a video would work better.

This started happening after I changed the font in my invoices from
Garamond
(a TrueType font) to Adobe Garamond Pro (an OpenType font) because
Garamond
Pro looks much better on screen than the TrueType version. So, it doesn't
happen when the font is set in Garamond, only Garamond Pro. It does not
happen in OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Maxwell

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Thanks. It was off. I just turned it on and the text looks much less jagged
when set in regular Garamond, now. The layout problem persists with Adobe
Garamond Pro, though. I had turned off clear type because I use a CRT
monitor. I thought that clear type is just for LCD screens? Regular Garamond
may work for me, now, though.

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Here is a screen cast of my problem:
http://home.comcast.net/~richmaxw/word. It's hard to explain in writing,
so
I figured a video would work better.

This started happening after I changed the font in my invoices from
Garamond
(a TrueType font) to Adobe Garamond Pro (an OpenType font) because
Garamond
Pro looks much better on screen than the TrueType version. So, it doesn't
happen when the font is set in Garamond, only Garamond Pro. It does not
happen in OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Maxwell

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your assumption is correct: ClearType is for LCD monitors. But if it helps...
:-)

Are you using a Word 97-2003 or a Word 2007 file format? How about compatibility
options (Word Options, Advanced category)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP