Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chucksphar chucksphar is offline

Default preserving equation images when saving from .docx to .doc

I'm getting intermittent problems when I try to save my Word 7 docx to Word
97-2003 .doc. Sometimes my equations are preserved as images, but sometimes I
only get rectangular outlines where the images should be. Any idea why this
would fail to work as advertised?

thanks

Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The outlines may just indicate that you've got "Picture placeholders"
enabled. This setting is in Tools | Options | View in Word 2003 and earlier
and at Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Show document content in
Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org

"chucksphar" wrote in message
I'm getting intermittent problems when I try to save my Word 7 docx to
Word
97-2003 .doc. Sometimes my equations are preserved as images, but
sometimes I
only get rectangular outlines where the images should be. Any idea why
this
would fail to work as advertised?

thanks

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chucksphar chucksphar is offline

Suzanne! Thank you, thank you. I'd actually thought of that but didn't manage
to stumble across the right options in Word Options.

Very much obliged.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The outlines may just indicate that you've got "Picture placeholders"
enabled. This setting is in Tools | Options | View in Word 2003 and earlier
and at Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Show document content in
Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org

"chucksphar" wrote in message
I'm getting intermittent problems when I try to save my Word 7 docx to
Word
97-2003 .doc. Sometimes my equations are preserved as images, but
sometimes I
only get rectangular outlines where the images should be. Any idea why
this
would fail to work as advertised?

thanks

Chuck

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stumbling across" is pretty much what you have to do in Word Options. I
have no clue why "Show document content" is not in the Display Options (or
why the print options are).