Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Audrey Audrey is offline

Default Where are my templates?

I've bought a new computer (macbook pro) and I want to put the templates I
have under My Templates in the project gallery into the new computer in the
correct place. I can't find them.

I had to buy a new version of Office 2010 because my old one belonged to my
workplace and the new computer is for my home use. I've installed Office
2010, but I can't find that one file for the templates.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Custom templates will be in your user profile. If you can't find them you
probably haven't turned on the display of hidden files and folders in Word.

However, you can quickly open the Templates folder via the Run dialog (press
Windows key + R). In the dialog, type:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates

and press Enter. Depending on your operating system, the actual path varies.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Audrey" wrote in message
I've bought a new computer (macbook pro) and I want to put the templates I
have under My Templates in the project gallery into the new computer in the
correct place. I can't find them.

I had to buy a new version of Office 2010 because my old one belonged to my
workplace and the new computer is for my home use. I've installed Office
2010, but I can't find that one file for the templates.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Custom templates will be in your user profile. If you can't find them you
probably haven't turned on the display of hidden files and folders in Word.

Correction: the display of hidden files and folders in *Windows* (of course).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP