Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amberw amberw is offline

Default FlowChart and page break

I have created a flowchart on page 3 of my document and i would now like to
insert a page break to start a new page AFTER page 3 that will contain text.
i have tried page break, section break, etc and it just moves my flowchart to
the next page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This behavior results from having the flow chart "floating" or "wrapped" and
anchored to a text paragraph (probably an empty one). When you insert a
break, you're inserting it *before* the paragraph to which the flow chart is
anchored.

There are two possible solutions. For starters, go to the View tab of Tools
| Options (or the corresponding Word Options tab in Word 2007) and select
the radio buttons to display both paragraph marks and object anchors.

The first solution is to insert another empty paragraph and insert the break
before that. The problem is that you may find that the new paragraph is also
inserted before the existing one. You can drag the object anchor to the
first paragraph and then insert a break before the second one.

Although this will work, it often requires some trial and error, especially
if you are not experienced in dealing with wrapped objects. A much simpler
solution, if you don't need to have text wrapped around the flow chart, is
to set its wrapping to In Line With Text. It will then be *in* rather than
anchored to the paragraph you're trying to insert a break after. Use the
arrow keys to move the insertion point to the bottom right corner of the
flow chart (where you should see a paragraph mark) and press Enter to insert
a new paragraph, then Ctrl+Enter to insert a page break.

http://word.mvps.org

"amberw" wrote in message
I have created a flowchart on page 3 of my document and i would now like to
insert a page break to start a new page AFTER page 3 that will contain
text.
i have tried page break, section break, etc and it just moves my flowchart
the next page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement