Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kraftsims Kraftsims is offline

Default default save folder

I have a system set up where I keep all my documents under on folder for
education. I am finding that everying I open or save is under that folder.

When using "save as" or "open", I have to click a bit before I even get to
the education folder.

Would be nice if I can set my open and save as options to default
automatically to my education folder. Is that possible?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can change the default starting folder for Word via Tools | Options |
File Locations, but that just determines the default folder when Word
starts. Once you have opened another folder, Word will default to that one
during the current Word session. I find it helpful to add frequently used
folders to the Places Bar.

http://word.mvps.org

"kraftsims" wrote in message
I have a system set up where I keep all my documents under on folder for
education. I am finding that everying I open or save is under that folder.

When using "save as" or "open", I have to click a bit before I even get to
the education folder.

Would be nice if I can set my open and save as options to default
automatically to my education folder. Is that possible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the
Advanced category, click the File Locations button. Select "Documents," and
click Modify. Locate the desired folder, select it, and click OK. Click OK again
to close the File Locations dialog.

If you are using Word 2003, use File Locations tab of the Tools | Options dialog
box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP