Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacey Stacey is offline

Default Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Hello!

We have a document (not a form) that we would like to use checkboxes in.
This document has a couple of sections where it would be useful if the user
could check if something is applicable. We can't protect the whole document.

Thank you for your help!
Stacey
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joanne Orzech[_2_] Joanne Orzech[_2_] is offline

I actually used this feature in a form this morning. Although you don't say
what version of Word you are using, you can access the Control Toolbox
toolbar in Word 2003, or in Word 2007, it is on Developer tab.

To show the developer tab, click the Microsoft Office Button and then click
Word Options. Select Popular, and then select "Show Developer tab in the
Ribbon" check box.

There is a checkbox option which can be found there. No need to lock the
form.

Hope this helps.

Joanne Orzech
MS Word MVP

"Stacey" wrote:

Hello!

We have a document (not a form) that we would like to use checkboxes in.
This document has a couple of sections where it would be useful if the user
could check if something is applicable. We can't protect the whole document.

Thank you for your help!
Stacey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joanne Orzech[_3_] Joanne Orzech[_3_] is offline

My apologies - I just noticed that the title of your question contained Word
2007... so use the toolbox on the Developer tab as indicated above.

Joanne Orzech
MS Word MVP

"Stacey" wrote:

Hello!

We have a document (not a form) that we would like to use checkboxes in.
This document has a couple of sections where it would be useful if the user
could check if something is applicable. We can't protect the whole document.

Thank you for your help!
Stacey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacey Stacey is offline

Thank you for getting back to me Joanne! If we don't lock the form, then in
order to check the "checkbox" you need to double click (or right click and
hit properties) and then change the default to checked. This can be quite
cumbersome (and is what we do now).

Isn't there a way to have a checkbox, but not use a form?

Thank you!
Stacey

"Stacey" wrote:

Hello!

We have a document (not a form) that we would like to use checkboxes in.
This document has a couple of sections where it would be useful if the user
could check if something is applicable. We can't protect the whole document.

Thank you for your help!
Stacey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm. It still requires
a double-click, but it's much more satisfactory than a check box form field
incorrectly used.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stacey" wrote:

Hello!

We have a document (not a form) that we would like to use checkboxes
in.
This document has a couple of sections where it would be useful if
the user
could check if something is applicable. We can't protect the whole
document.

Thank you for your help!
Stacey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you use the Active X checkbox from the developer tab - legacy tools
palette, and set the design mode to off, the document does not have to be
locked and you don't have to mess around with properties. It's a simple
one-click operation.

Form Checkbox Owen Microsoft Word Help 2 July 18th 09 09:48 PM
Checkbox form field SLEE Microsoft Word Help 4 June 10th 09 11:49 PM
How do I protect the checkbox in my form mike New Users 5 October 8th 08 11:26 AM
Form fields: IF (checkbox)? Mike Microsoft Word Help 2 April 29th 06 01:10 PM
IF THEN ELSE with FORM CHECKBOX Jane Mailmerge 1 March 25th 05 08:55 AM