Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Default Numbers Double Typed

I have a docx. It has numbers. On Screen and Print Preview appear fine but
when I print it out the numbers have other numbers typed in the same place so
that it appears like I have both 70,772,544 and 69,888,123 occuping the same
space and looking like garbage. Does anyone have any idea what would cause
this and how to get rid of it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which kind of numbers are these? Page numbers?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike H." wrote in message
I have a docx. It has numbers. On Screen and Print Preview appear fine but
when I print it out the numbers have other numbers typed in the same place so
that it appears like I have both 70,772,544 and 69,888,123 occuping the same
space and looking like garbage. Does anyone have any idea what would cause
this and how to get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Stefan,
It is just numbers typed in columns within a document. I am trying to
figure out if there is anything special about the data but it appears as if
just numbers were typed in and then when printed it shows 2 numbers printing
at the same location. I don't get it?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Stefan,
The text is in the cell of a table in the .docx file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Stefan,
The text is in the cell of a table in the .docx file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

What I have is 2 tables, one on top of the other one. I deleted the top
table. The remaining table appears blank but when I print the page, there is
data that prints out. I don't know how this could have happened. But that
is what happened.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could it be that the contents are formatted as Hidden and you have Hidden
text checked under "Include with document" on the Print tab of Tools |
Options but don't have it displayed (not selected on the View tab of Tools |
Options)?

http://word.mvps.org