Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rosemary Rosemary is offline

Default Deleting a Document

Hello,

I am trying to help a friend of mine who has Microsoft Office 2007. I have
not been able to look at the problem myself, but here is what she described
to me:

"I cannot seem to delete a document, either from within Word 2007, or
Windows Explorer. Here are the choices I get when I right mouse click on a
document. . .
Customize Quick Access Toolbar
Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon
Minimize the Ribbon"

Has anyone encountered this type of problem, or can someone suggest to me
where to research this type of problem? I know this is not a lot of
information, but I do not live close enough to her to go over and look at the
problem for myself.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Rosemary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't delete an open document in Word using the Explorer window, however
from your description it appears that your friend is trying to delete a
document shortcut from the recent files list - See
http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm for a variety of
methods of clearing the list including a method to clear all but the pinned
items

"Rosemary" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rosemary Rosemary is offline

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your response. I should have mentioned that she did not have
any documents open at the time. However, I checked out the link and that led
me to the recent files list, which you mentioned. I right-clicked there and
tried to delete a document, and I got the same choices my friend got. So
perhaps she is trying to delete a file by going into the recent files list.

I should say, though, that I did ask her specifically if she had all her
programs closed before going into Windows Explorer, and she said all
documents and all programs were closed at the time. ??? But I will check
with her to make sure she is not trying to delete via the recent files list.

Thanks again,
Rosemary

.