Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Format docs from existing Files

Is there an easy way to use an existing document file to format a current
file? I have some plain text files that I would like to match an existing
document file.

TIA

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can use the Organizer to copy styles from one document to another.
To get to the Organizer, press Alt+F8 to open the Macros dialog and
click the Organizer button.

Once the styles have been copied to the plain text document, you need
to apply the styles to the appropriate parts of the text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman