Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Default Word 97 or 2000 able to insert umlauts?

I know that in Word 2003 you can press Ctrl+" (quotation marks) and
get an umlaut over the next character/vowel that you type. I do this
quickly and easily to get these foreign (i.e., non-English) marks--
including the enye.

I read that this is also able to be done in Word 2000. Is this true?
How about Word 97?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can look in the Symbol dialog box to find out the key combination that can
be used on your system.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PRR" wrote in message
I know that in Word 2003 you can press Ctrl+" (quotation marks) and
get an umlaut over the next character/vowel that you type. I do this
quickly and easily to get these foreign (i.e., non-English) marks--
including the enye.

I read that this is also able to be done in Word 2000. Is this true?
How about Word 97?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Great. Thanks. I currently have Word 2003, but not 2000 or 97 so I
couldn't check.

On May 15, 11:53*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For once, it's the same shortcut on my Swedish keyboard: Ctrl+: (or actually
Ctrl+Shift+.).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On May 15, 4:10 pm, PRR wrote:
Great. Thanks. I currently have Word 2003, but not 2000 or 97 so I
couldn't check.

On May 15, 11:53 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's interesting in and of itself, as here (U.S. keyboard) the colon is a
shifted semicolon, and a shifted period (full stop) is .

http://word.mvps.org

On May 15, 4:10 pm, PRR wrote:
Great. Thanks. I currently have Word 2003, but not 2000 or 97 so I
couldn't check.

On May 15, 11:53 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

I'm using the US-English keyboard. Yes you are correct, the colon will
get you the umlaut--I was thinking of other programs that have other
such shortcuts.

On May 15, 4:10*pm, PRR wrote:

Great. Thanks. I currently have Word 2003, but not 2000 or 97 so I
couldn't check.

On May 15, 11:53*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word.- Hide quoted text -