Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harperhere harperhere is offline

Default How do I change margins from points to inches?

This system - as I read it - gives only the questions but not the answers.
Would someone please answer the question in the above Subject line?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I change margins from points to inches?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can change the margins from points to inches in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Margins" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  4. Select "Custom Margins" from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Margins" tab.
  6. Under the "Units" section, select "Inches" from the drop-down menu.
  7. Enter the desired margin measurements in inches in the "Top," "Bottom," "Left," and "Right" fields.
  8. Click "OK" to save the changes.

That's it! Your margins should now be set to inches instead of points. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For Word, you can set the desired unit of measurement in the (Word) Options
dialog box. If you are using Word 2007, look at Office button | Word Options,
Advanced category: "Show measurements in units of." In Word 2003, click Tools |
Options, General tab.

If the above doesn't help, chances are that you are seeing so-called character
units. For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"harperhere" wrote in message
This system - as I read it - gives only the questions but not the answers.
Would someone please answer the question in the above Subject line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since "harperhere" can't seem to figure out how to view the answers to
questions, you've probably wasted your time.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
For Word, you can set the desired unit of measurement in the (Word)
Options dialog box. If you are using Word 2007, look at Office button |
Word Options, Advanced category: "Show measurements in units of." In Word
2003, click Tools | Options, General tab.

If the above doesn't help, chances are that you are seeing so-called
character units. For assistance, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"harperhere" wrote in message
This system - as I read it - gives only the questions but not the
answers.
Would someone please answer the question in the above Subject line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If so, I can live with that. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Since "harperhere" can't seem to figure out how to view the answers to
questions, you've probably wasted your time.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
For Word, you can set the desired unit of measurement in the (Word) Options
dialog box. If you are using Word 2007, look at Office button | Word Options,
Advanced category: "Show measurements in units of." In Word 2003, click Tools
| Options, General tab.

If the above doesn't help, chances are that you are seeing so-called
character units. For assistance, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"harperhere" wrote in message
This system - as I read it - gives only the questions but not the answers.
Would someone please answer the question in the above Subject line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If so, I can live with that. :-)