Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeramee Jeramee is offline

Default Is there a way to change preset margins?

I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great. Is
there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007? I don't want to
change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets. However, I NEVER
use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins. Is there a way to
create my own presets to those that I use regularly?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the
desired margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Jeramee" wrote in message
I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great. Is
there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007? I don't want to
change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets. However, I NEVER
use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins. Is there a way to
create my own presets to those that I use regularly?

Thanks

DarkTalent.au DarkTalent.au is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the
desired margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm
How frustrating - this is exactly my problem also. Being able to set up my own margin presets in the same way as creating document building blocks would remove the need for me to have to constantly cut and paste from one document created using the wrong template - into the right one.

Far easier to select the relevant margin setting, then apply other building blocks and styles to convert the submitted document into the correct format.

Surely there is some 'hack' (for want of a better term) that can be done using Visual Basic or macros to do something similar?
Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

So post an example of what you have OR what you want - seeing margins as a default is very simple, even for the Normal template.

Cheers