Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colin Colin is offline

Default word 2003 files opening in word 2007 as read only

We have two computers at work that are still running word 2003 all the others
are word 2007. When I create a file on one computer in word 2003 and try to
open it in word 2007 it opens as read only. The original file is not open.
I have tried updating to Office SP3, cleared the office registry options and
everything else I can think of and have read about online. The computer in
question has XP home and Norton 360 as antivirus.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.