Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paint771 paint771 is offline

Default Numbering, and then sorting by number

I have no idea why I can't figure this out.

I have a bunch of text. I can very easily highlight the whole bunch and
then number it as a list (just the Numbering button in the paragraph list).
No problem, now it's a list of 100 numbered paragraphs. The formatting is a
bit screwy (it's a bibliography), but there is clearly a 1, 2, 3, etc.

How do I THEN sort that list BY NUMBER? I just want to reverse the list by
the number.

Say I have 100 paragraphs. I want to ultimately reverse the order of those
paragraphs (so, the 100th paragraph being the first, 99th the second, and so
on). How can I do that? I am a reasonably smart guy, and this seems like it
should be a very easy thing to do (sort, by paragraph, by number, right?),
but good lord it ain't workin' for me.

Numbering, and then sorting by number paint771 Microsoft Word Help 6 January 14th 10 06:29 PM
Sorting by number Mango Tables 6 May 9th 09 08:12 PM
Sorting a Table by Number Nelson Tables 1 August 2nd 08 05:17 AM
Can you number a column in a database and keep it from sorting jeannette Tables 3 March 20th 06 07:05 PM
Sorting mail merged labels by unique number Caledonia93514 Mailmerge 1 April 1st 05 08:23 AM