Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon-L Simon-L is offline

Default Why does word think staff can be pluralised to staffs?

Whenever I'm typing up a document and put in a statement like:
Staff are always encouraged to do the right thing.

Why is it that Word always wants me to change it to one of two things:
1. Staffs are always encouraged to do the right thing, or;
2. Staff is always encouraged to do the right thing.

Both suggested sentences are wrong and my original sentence is correct.
I've noticed this (and similar) problems with the grammar checker for a long
time, has no-one pointed this out before or is it a really tricky rule to
program?