Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angie M. Angie M. is offline

Default Pasting text with Style Conflicts - Word 2007

I have a long document (150 pages), I have used the heading styles to format
all numbered paragraphs and other styles to format non-numbered paragraphs.
I have to paste in several other documents as Exhibits to this main
agreement. These exhibits are also formatted using Heading styles for all
numbered paragraphs and other styles to format non-numbered paragraphs.
Problem is, all the style names are the same, but the look of the formatting
is different between the main agreement and the exhibits. For example the
exhibits, while the Heading 1-5 styles have been used, the look and type of
numbers and indenting stored in the styles are different from the main
agreement. When I paste in the exhibits they must stay the way they are, the
numbering and formatting cannot conform to the main agreement. I've tried
several hours of messing with the paste options, Smart Style Behavior
(whatever that is) and various other techniques. We will have many of these
same document combining situations so I must come up with a procedure the
entire office can use to assemble these docs. Any ideas?? Many thanks.