Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZinZen ZinZen is offline

Default MS Office Word 2007 - Changing Font Default (Type and Size)

Re Changing Default Font and Font Size
MS Vista/ MS Office Word 2007

Suzann Barnhill's recent exchanges with Ingrid were very helpful as I have
been struggling with the same problem for some time. In spite of numerous
attempts, however, I have been unsuccessful in making the changes...and just
cannot figure out why.

It seems that by using Suzann's recommended procedure I can change the
default for the font size, however, when I reopen a blank Word document it
always defaults to the MS "Calibri" font.

Is it possible that when the computer was first set up a box was checked
that did not permit the default font to be changed (w/o following an 'extra
ordinary' means) using normal protocols Suzann so clearly delineated for
Ingrid?

What do you think is going on? Can you recommend a remedy?

Thank you!

Zinzen