Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MaxArk[_25_] MaxArk[_25_] is offline

Default Coding Document Macro buttons

I have an Excel based coded application which integrates an Excel
database with a Word mail merge. The application is being developed with
users with limited computer experience and have a visual impairment. I
am trying to reduce the user's dependancy on existing Office toolbars
and taskbars, by replacing common options with buttons on the working
documents. Highly visible, and goof proof.

Here is my most recent challenge:

1. I wish to add three buttons to the documents produced by the mail
merge ... {PRINT}{SAVE}{RETURN TO EXCEL} (Excel is the launch pad of the
application). I assume I can use coded command buttons placed in the
main mail merge document to do this. But will they copy themselves to
the resulting merged document? Is this the most effective way of user
input?

2. Although these buttons will (hopefully) be functional on each newly
prepared document, I do not wish them to be printed with the document.
Can they be easily elimnated from printing?

3. How do I code leaving Word and returning to Excel, additionally,
hiding the document they had exited from?

Jenn

--
MaxArk