Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Default Search / Replace Expressions Question

I am trying to replace spaces with tabs where the format is something like

12.2121 19.2141
12.2121 19.2141

and I can't just search on 5 spaces and replace with tab because there are
other occurences of multiple spaces in the document so I need to pattern
match. I got this far

[0-9] [0-9][0-9].[0-9]

but am not sure what to put in replace.

I was hoping

[0-9]^t[0-9][0-9].[0-9]

meaning keep what was there but use tab instead which doesn't work. Pretty
sure there was a way to say ok now that you found the pattern, just replace
(this)

Any help appreciated.