Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brown6m brown6m is offline

Default Changing default "Save As" folder

I'm using Word 2007. I figured out how to save the default "Save" location,
and it works fine when I am starting a new document from scratch. But when
I'm opening a document that someone has emailed me, and do a "Save As," it's
still opening the "My Documents" file instead of the new file path I created
(went to Word options in the Microsoft button, then clicked on "Save" and
then entered a new "Default File Location). Has anyone else had this
problem? If so, were you able to fix it so that it will always open the new
file path you chose? Thanks.