Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grey Old Man Grey Old Man is offline

Default Highlight text via macro

I am a novice writing a Word macro where I wish to highlight a selection of
words in a document. These pre-defined words are listed in a table in a
second Word document.

I have taken and attempted to modify my macro from an earlier posting on
this forum.

It fails with the message Named argument not found on the statement
HighlightColorIndex:=wdBrightGreen.

The code is:

Sub Highlighting()
Dim TableDoc As Document ' The document that contains the table
Dim RefDoc As Document ' The document that is being referenced (highlighted)
Dim cTable As Table
Dim oFind As Range
Dim i As Long
Dim sFname As String
'Change the path to reflect where you have stored the table document.
sFname = "C:\My Documents\Testing\Highlighting Macro.doc"
Set RefDoc = ActiveDocument
Set TableDoc = Documents.Open(sFname)
Set cTable = TableDoc.Tables(1)
RefDoc.Activate