#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
external usenet poster

Default Pulling my hair out over figures, captions, frames, andfloating/in-line distinctions

This is more a software usability question than it is a developer question...sorry for my naivety but I've been trying to figure out a solution to this for the last 6 hours.

Document in Word 2007 with many images, tables and charts. At least a 1/3 of the figs/tbls are small and therefore need to "float" so that text can be wrapped around them. Every fig/tbl needs a caption, a source, and some may have additional information attached to them. It's a long document so there is a TOC, but the caption is the only part that needs to make it to the TOC. I would like the figs/tbls to be on the right adjacent with the right margin. So...how do I get the caption and other associated information to move with the fig/tbl?

Captions won't be read if I put them in text box. Every element within the frame (figure, caption, source, and add. info) has a different format style. The problem is that I need the frame to have a border box, but any border assigned to the frame actually winds up on the frame AND each of the individual elements in the frame, which isn't right and looks ridiculous.

I'm no developer but I think I'm more Office savvy than most, and I'm pretty resourceful as well...still I'm out of ideas. Can anyone please help me so I can move on to actually finishing this very long document. Please, please help me.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Creating a WPF Custom Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ustom-con.aspx