Sublime Sublime is offline
Junior Member

Default Saving from .dotx to .docx - file becomes huge!!

Hello!

I've created a word template (about 150kb) and every time I start a new document (just text with one small logo in the header) and save out as a word doc, the file becomes HUGE (about 7,700kb). I feel like this shouldn't be happening as the content is nearly identical.

Any idea on why this is happening and how I can fix it?

For reference, I am creating a new document, choosing my created template, editing with new content and then saving the document. This is also ONLY happening on PC and not MAC.

HELP!

Thanks

Sublime Sublime is offline
Junior Member

Hi Peter -- I've had the same problem when just clicking the .dotx. This is how I first found the problem, thought it could be remedied by selecting the template when I start a new document but no luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post