BobD

Default Custom Heading Numbering...

Hello,

I want to have heading numberings like:

A1, A2, A3...AN

How can I do that?

TIA,

BobD

In the Numbering dialog, type an A before the number in the "Number format"
box.

"BobD" wrote in message
Hello,

I want to have heading numberings like:

A1, A2, A3...AN

How can I do that?

TIA,

BobD

BobD

That solved the problem; thank you.

BD.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kingdomcome kingdomcome is offline

Can you tell me if Microsoft Windows/word (or whatever their called) has
numberings (for page documents) like this:

1.

or

2.

or

56.

12.

etc?

All I can see is: -1- -2- -56- etc which is of no use to me.

"BobD" wrote:

That solved the problem; thank you.

BD.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you mean page numbers? Word provides page numbers via a {Page} field
inserted into the header/footer. You can format it any way you like. You
don't have to use pre-configured formats. By far the simplest way to insert
a page field is to Press CTRL+F9 then type Page between the brackets.

"BobD" wrote:

That solved the problem; thank you.

BD.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are referring to page numbering, you will have to add the period
manually after the page number in the footer (or header).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP