Frank Drost

Default Blocking codes in print layout from showing up on the screen

First of all, let me thank all of you who have replied to
my previous queries. I have found this "forum" very
useful and very helpful.

Next, my question.
I have several codes in my paper that I have created
myself. E.g.
{"Fig 2.1. Schematic diagram of energy flows" \f U
\l "1" }
In print layout, I see all these codes, but it does mean
that the following text is shifted downwards and
therefore does not line up properly the way I want it.
What is on the screen will be different then when I print
it. How can I switch these lines of so that I don't see
them anymore (but they still should be there, and should
work too), and the following texts shifts up again?

Thanks.
Greg Maxey

Frank,

If these codes are field codes, can you toggle the display with ALT+F9 to
get the resule you want?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Frank Drost wrote:
First of all, let me thank all of you who have replied to
my previous queries. I have found this "forum" very
useful and very helpful.

Next, my question.
I have several codes in my paper that I have created
myself. E.g.
{"Fig 2.1. Schematic diagram of energy flows" \f U
\l "1" }
In print layout, I see all these codes, but it does mean
that the following text is shifted downwards and
therefore does not line up properly the way I want it.
What is on the screen will be different then when I print
it. How can I switch these lines of so that I don't see
them anymore (but they still should be there, and should
work too), and the following texts shifts up again?

Thanks.

Greg,

i suppose you could say that they are my own field codes,
but I can't toggle them off with ALT+F9. When I do that I
indeed toggle all the field codes on, but nothing change
in my code. When I do ALT+F9 again, I toggle the field
codes off, and my code is still there.
I created those codes so I have my own "field codes" for
the list of pictures with their captions. But that was a
few months ago, and I am not familiar with them anymore.

ta

Frank Drost wrote:
First of all, let me thank all of you who have replied

my previous queries. I have found this "forum" very
useful and very helpful.

Next, my question.
I have several codes in my paper that I have created
myself. E.g.
{"Fig 2.1. Schematic diagram of energy flows" \f U
\l "1" }
In print layout, I see all these codes, but it does

mean
that the following text is shifted downwards and
therefore does not line up properly the way I want it.
What is on the screen will be different then when I

print
it. How can I switch these lines of so that I don't see
them anymore (but they still should be there, and

should
work too), and the following texts shifts up again?

Thanks.

.

Frank Drost

What I wanted (and have done), is to create a table with
all the numbers and captions of all tables and figures in
a paper. But some of the captions were rather long, and
quite irrelevant to put in a table of "captions". So,
solely for this table with all captions etc, I created,
within each caption of all tables and figures, this code,
like for instance

{"Fig 2.1. Schematic diagram of energy flows" \f U
\l "1" }

In the table of contents (captions), I made a link to the
identifier U instead to the commmon identifier, and so I
got a table of all the purposely specified captions.
This all works, and I am quite proud of it, but I can't
remember how I did it exactly anymore. Not that I have to
change it, but as said, in print layout this code shows
up and pushes all other text down. When I print the
paper, this text of course does not appear, and all the
following text has shifted up nicely. But how can I see
that on my screen?

ta

frank drost

Thanks Daiya. Your suggestion was correct. By having =B6 =20
switched on, it shows up all my TC fields. i have now=20
switched it off, and looks fine.

Thanks everyone for their help

ta