Mike

Default Section break as part of style?

I know you can include a page break under paragraph formatting, but I'm
wondering if there's an automated way to insert a section break as part of a
style. This would make creating exhibit pages much eaiser.

Mike

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:57:48 -0500, "Mike" wrote:

I know you can include a page break under paragraph formatting, but I'm
wondering if there's an automated way to insert a section break as part of a
style. This would make creating exhibit pages much eaiser.

Mike

Sorry, no, not in a style.

However, you can easily assign a shortcut key combination to insert a
the Insert category, and select the InsertSectionBreak command. Enter
a key combination and click Assign.

If you want a keystroke for one of the other types of section break,
you need a macro.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Margaret Aldis

Hi Mike

As Jay says, there's no way of including a Section Break in a style, and in
fact it wouldn't be sufficient to handle the exhibit pages problem because
you need section breaks before and after the page, and you need to unset
"Same As Previous" to isolate the exhibit page headers and footers from the
normal run.

If the page layout before the exhibit page is always the same, you could put
a whole exhibit page including both Section Breaks into an AutoText.
Otherwise, you need to use a macro.

There's an article on my site which discusses this at
http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/Arti...orkaround2.pdf

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP