sun

Default How do I create a second page of labels

I need to type file folder labels for your new accountant. I will need more
than one page of labels. How do I create a second page of labels that also
has the necessary spacing in between label fields?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I create a second page of labels

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to create a second page of labels in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Mailings" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Labels" in the "Create" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the "Labels" dialog box, select the type of label you want to use and click "OK".
  5. In the "Envelopes and Labels" dialog box, click on the "Options" button.
  6. In the "Label Options" dialog box, select the type of label you are using and click "OK".
  7. In the "Envelopes and Labels" dialog box, type the text you want to appear on your labels in the "Address" box.
  8. Click on "New Document" to create a sheet of labels.
  9. Type the text you want to appear on your second page of labels in the first label on the new page.
  10. Press "Ctrl + Enter" to insert a page break.
  11. Type the text you want to appear on the rest of the labels on the second page.
  12. Print your labels.

To ensure that there is enough spacing between the label fields, make sure that you have selected the correct label type in step 6. The label type should match the type of labels you are using. If the spacing is still not correct, you can adjust the margins and spacing in the "Page Setup" dialog box.
__________________
CyberTaz

Hi sun-

Have you already created a label document (using ToolsLetters &
MailingsEnvelopes & Labels)? If so, once you type in the content for the
last label on the first page, just press the Tab key. A new page will be
created and the next row will continue on that page using the same setup
specs. Keep tabbing & typing to create as many labels as you need.

HTH |:)

"sun" wrote:

I need to type file folder labels for your new accountant. I will need more
than one page of labels. How do I create a second page of labels that also
has the necessary spacing in between label fields?

sun

That does go to the next page but it does not create the extra spacing
between the labels that is needed in order for them to print correctly. How
do you get the extra spacing?

"sun" wrote:

I need to type file folder labels for your new accountant. I will need more
than one page of labels. How do I create a second page of labels that also
has the necessary spacing in between label fields?

CyberTaz

I see your problem with that type of label, and have not found a simple
solution other than to a) generate a new label doc for each page you need,
or b) print from the first doc & then replace the label content for the next
group to be printed.

The nature of the document even makes it difficult to even copy that type of
table, create a break and paste to the new page, but this may work...
Haven't been able to try it for printing:

1) Create the label doc
2) TableSelectTable, Copy
3) While still selected, DELETE
4) Immediately UNDO

That should give you a ¶ at the bottom of the page.

5) Ctrl+End
6) InsertBreakNext Page Section Break
7) Paste

HTH |:)