news.blueyonder.co.uk

Default ...Continued (at the top of a page)

Hello Microsoft Word gurus.

I'm preparing a template for a report that our company puts out on the
regular. As it's just a template there are a ton of headings with no actual
report undernead them. Now, as I'm preparing the template I'm putting (For
example) "Question 4.5.3 continued..." or whatever. Of course, when my
colleagues come to fill the document in, these might be redundant, or
incorrect.

I'm relatively new to building templates, and I have to say that I find the
MSN help files to be lacklustre to say the least. What I'm really looking
for is a file field that can be put at the top of each page, like in the
header or something, that can tell if there's a heading at the top of the
page (a heading that would go into the TOC, for instance), and if not it'll
display the PRECEEDING heading followed by 'con'd'.

Am I making this clear? If there's anyone out there who can follow my
ramblings, and thinks they could help me, just get in touch. Cheers.

Word Heretic

G'day "news.blueyonder.co.uk" ,

No can do. Closest you can get is to print the current topic using a
styleref field linked to heading 3 or whatever you use.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

news.blueyonder.co.uk reckoned:

[...]

jay m

Hmm-
What if you have several heading styles for each level, use a different
one (different style name, same outline level) for each story. Then you
can use a styleref at the top of the 'continued' column for the
particular heading style used for that story?
To allow for flow, the 'continued' link could be in a box just above
the column where the article would flow?
You could have the 'real' style definition in Word's 'Heading 1',
'Heading 2', etc. and just base the other heading styles on those,
straight inheritance.

comments?

regards
Jay