Glynis

Default Editing Word default Styles

Hi,

The company that I work for would like to edit the default styles in
Word. I am aware that you can not delete the following default styles:

* Normal
* Heading 1
* Heading 2
* Heading 3
* Default Paragraph Font
However these can be modified.

1. What are the implications if we were to edit the default styles? We
are running Office 2000, I was wondering would this effect older and
newer office versions? From what I have tested it seems to be ok as the
document embeds the styles and formatting within itself. So at this
stage I'm guessing its ok, as MS have allowed for this to occur.

Just some confirmation would be great

Thanks,
Glynis

Stefan Blom

Since Normal is the parent style for a lot of other styles in Word,
changing anything but its font and font size is not a good idea. Use
Body Text (modified) instead. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...BodyStyles.htm. You may
also want to look at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html.

Default Paragraph Font isn't really a style; it can be used to reset
font formatting to that of the applied paragraph style. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/DefParaFont.htm.

The use of heading styles is recommended, though. Modify them as much as
you need! For all the good reasons on why to use them, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html.

More articles to look at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm