s0200897

Default Convert word to pdf

I would like to share a doc with others but don't want them to copy my text
easily (just highlight and copy). How can I disable the text select tool
when I convert word to pdf?

Please help. Thanks.
lostinspace

Graham Mayor

No matter how much effort you put into this, someone will simply print the
document and run it through OCR software. If the document can be viewed it
can be copied.

lostinspace

I would like to share a doc with others but don't want them to copy
my text easily (just highlight and copy). How can I disable the
text select tool when I convert word to pdf?

Please help. Thanks.

"IF" you have the full-version of Adobe Acrobat (not just the
reader), than you may add Security Settings.
It's best to use the 128-bit settings because the versions 5.0 or
newer allow the 40-bit security settings to be circumvented.

Additionally, there are some free tools which will hack these security
settings for a minimum amount of pages. (the reference I recall were
six pages or less).

Hello Graham,
The 128-bit setting offers a no-print option as
well as a low-resolution print.
These options although not foolproof are intended for the masses.
There are always going to be folks who will hack items to some degree.

s0200897

Thanks all.

Actually, I just want to diable the text select tool in case others can't
use the TouchUp text tool to revise my original texts. So, the texts and the
background should be merged (like a whole picture) after I convert the word
to pdf but I don't know how to do that.

I have tried to convert the word to pdf first then convert that pdf to jpg.
Finally, convert the jpg to pdf. However, the resolution is too low to
recognize my texts.

Please kindly help.

"lostinspace" 來函:

No matter how much effort you put into this, someone will simply print the
document and run it through OCR software. If the document can be viewed it
can be copied.

lostinspace

[...]

Having opened the PDF with Acrobat (not the free reader);
FILE / Document Security /
Document is secured with / scroll to Standard Security
Encryption Level; scroll to 128-bit
Uncheck the two checked boxes.
In the following line "Changes allowed", scroll to NONE
Printing; sroll to either NONE or Low Resolution.

Save file with two passwords which will further hamper many hackers.
NOTE, you should record these passwords some place.
SAVE File.
Exit and test.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vivino vivino is offline

There are many Word to PDF Converters on the market,but it is important to
choose a good one to convert our documents to other format,i used a lot of
version,and felt not very good.last week,I downloaded a program called
Advanced word to PDF 5.0. It's pretty good in preserving the formatting. It
also allow us to convert a lot files at the same time.I am quite satisfied
with it.
You can learn more from
http://www.blog.advancedpdfconverter.com
or
http://www.advancedpdfconverter.com/...wordtopdf.html

"s0200897" wrote:

I would like to share a doc with others but don't want them to copy my text
easily (just highlight and copy). How can I disable the text select tool
when I convert word to pdf?

Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

There is no need to buy a third party tool like the one you are advertising
to convert Word documents to PDF.

Word 2007 comes with its own pdf creation utility. People using a Word 2007
version prior to SP2, have to install the addin manually though. It can be
downloaded from

If you are using a version of Word prior to 2007, there are plenty of free
pdf printers you can use: http://www.PrimoPDF.com , http://www.CutePDF.com ,

Yves

"s0200897" wrote:

I would like to share a doc with others but don't want them to copy my
text
easily (just highlight and copy). How can I disable the text select tool
when I convert word to pdf?

Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

"Yves Dhondt" wrote in message
There is no need to buy a third party tool like the one you are
advertising to convert Word documents to PDF.

But then the spammer would not be able to sell his converter!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mar 10, 5:26*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
"Yves Dhondt" wrote in message

There is no need to buy a third party tool like the one you are
advertising to convert Word documents to PDF.

But then the spammer would not be able to sell his converter!

Do you suppose the spammer is creating this sudden spate of queries on
how to do it, in order to market the product?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
On Mar 10, 5:26 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
"Yves Dhondt" wrote in message

There is no need to buy a third party tool like the one you are
advertising to convert Word documents to PDF.

But then the spammer would not be able to sell his converter!

Do you suppose the spammer is creating this sudden spate of queries on
how to do it, in order to market the product?

It would seem the most likely explanation.