Aurora

Default Styles Not Working

I am using Word 2000

I have this 40 page document that I need a table of contents for. I started
to go in and put the styles where I wanted them. I used "Heading 1" for the
main topic (level 1) and wanted to use "Heading 2" for the 2nd level topics.
I highlight the words and click on the "style" space in the toolbar, select
"heading 2" but it will not change it. It stays "normal" even though the
words bolded as in the heading 2 style. Why won't this change? Can anyone
give me some help. I am working on Sunday, so that I can get this project
off my desk and really do not want to waste my day because I can not get the
style to work properly. Can anyone HELP?????? Please!!!!

Aurora
Stefan Blom

To apply a (heading) style, make sure that the entire paragraph is
selected or that you have nothing selected (that the insertion point
is blinking); otherwise Word applies the font format only.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Aurora" wrote in message
[...]

Stefan Blom

Make sure that you select the entire paragraph (for example by
triple-clicking in the paragraph) before you apply the style.
Alternatively, make sure nothing is selected at all, so that you can
see the insertion point blinking, and then apply the style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP