CDW21

Default add button on Word 2003 toolbar that opens a template?

We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.
Anne Troy

Record a macro. Store it in Normal.dot.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

CDW21

Anne, That is great! I have tried it out and have made what I needed to make.
I do have one other question thou. When I click the new button/macro I made
it opens the template I wanted but it opens it in a new window. Can this be
changed so that it opens it in the current open word window? That would make
it even better.

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

Anne Troy

Hit Alt+F11. On the left, double-click normal (or normal.dot), then find the
module that contains the code (probably under NewMacros). Right below the
"Sub..." part, so it's the first line inside the code, put this line:

ActiveDocument.Close

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to
add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

cdw21

Anne,
I tried that out but could not make heads or tails out of it. Do I just open
Word and press Alt+F11 or do I need to open a certain doc or template first
and then press that? I mean I got as far as douoble clicking Normal but then
you say find the module that contains the code....what code? I didnt see
anything that said NewMacros either. If you have any more help for me I would
appreciate it. Thanks.

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to
add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

Anne Troy

When you recorded the macro, it should have written some code into your
normal.dot and you would see it under normal.dot (try recording it again,
then looking for the code immediately; perhaps your normal.dot is not being
saved?) and in a folder called NewMacros. At this link, you'll see graphics
that show Module1. Your NewMacros would appear the same way, and some of
this information might help you:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/w...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to
add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

cdw21

Anne, Sorry for being a pain but I could not get this working. Here is a cut
and paste from my macro can you tell me where to insert the line
"ActiveDocument.Close"

Sub Letter()
'
' Letter Macro
' Macro recorded 11/9/2005 by Clay Wilson
'
Documents.Add Template:="F:\soft\officetemplates\letter.dot",
NewTemplate _
:=False, DocumentType:=0
End Sub

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible to
add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

Anne Troy

LOL. I've already said:
Right below the "Sub..." part, so it's the first line inside the code, put
this line:

So:
__________________________
Sub Letter()

ActiveDocument.Close

"CDW21" wrote in message
We are using Word 2003 and we would like to know if it's possible
add a
button on a toolbar that automatically opens one of our corporate
templates?
Instead of browsing to find it throu all the ones we have.

how do i set up template in vbeditor without proggramming language ARRRGH New Users 4 October 1st 05 03:19 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM