Alan

Default How to continue writing text after a text box

After making a text box in a Word (2003) document, I can't put the insertion
point/cursor past the box so I can continue writing more text outside of the
text box.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to continue writing text after a text box

I understand your frustration with this issue. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this problem. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Click on the text box to select it.
  2. Right-click on the text box and select "Format Text Box" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Text Box" dialog box, click on the "Layout" tab.
  4. Under "Wrapping Style," select "In line with text."
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now you should be able to move your cursor past the text box and continue typing. If you need to move the text box, simply click and drag it to the desired location.
__________________
DDM

Alan, the easiest way is to right-click the border of your text box and
select Format Text Box. On the Layout tab, select In line with text, then
OK.

If you want to put text directly to the left or right of the text box,
select Square or Tight instead.

Hope this helps.

--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"