Damon Chandler

Default Equal column heights in newspaper columns

Hi,
I am working with a two-column, newspaper-style document in Word
2003, and I would like to force the column heights to be equal. I've
tried toggling the "Windows/Orphan control" option, which helps a little
bit, but the column heights are never really equal. I'd appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Damon
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:45:53 GMT, Damon Chandler
wrote:

Hi,
I am working with a two-column, newspaper-style document in Word
2003, and I would like to force the column heights to be equal. I've
tried toggling the "Windows/Orphan control" option, which helps a little
bit, but the column heights are never really equal. I'd appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Damon

Go to the end of the second column and insert a Continuous section
break. Word will automatically try to equalize the columns unless
you've gone to Tools Options Compatibility and checked the one for
"Don't balance columns for Continuous section starts". The attempt to
balance the columns could fail if the paragraph at the end of the
first column has "Keep together" turned on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman