Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alan H

Default How do I get merged labels to print in line with Avery template

I have carried out a label mail merge selecting an Avery A4 L7160 label
template. All address data fits correctly into the labels on the screen
during merge but when I print the addresses are OK for the top 2 or 3 rows
but move progressively up the page. This means that the addresses are not
printing within the area of the label. How do I overcome this, how do I make
the printer print exactly what it shows on the screen.

My system is XP running Office 2003. The computer is a Dell 5000 with a
Dell All in One printer scanner.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxhbiBI?=,

I have carried out a label mail merge selecting an Avery A4 L7160 label
template. All address data fits correctly into the labels on the screen
during merge but when I print the addresses are OK for the top 2 or 3 rows
but move progressively up the page. This means that the addresses are not
printing within the area of the label. How do I overcome this, how do I make
the printer print exactly what it shows on the screen.

Sometimes, this problem is due to a "bad" installation of the Avery tool that
installs with Office. You might check the Avery site for an update (or reinstall
the tool from there).

Also, if you have headers or footers defined in your Normal.dot template, this
can cause problems with label merges.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alan H

Default How do I get merged labels to print in line with Avery templat

Cindy, thank you for your response, in the end the answer was very simple.
In Word, File, Page Set Up the paper size was set at Letter instead of A4. I
also had to uncheck the Allow resize A4/Letter check box.

Alan H

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QWxhbiBI?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxhbiBI?=,

Cindy, thank you for your response, in the end the answer was very simple.
In Word, File, Page Set Up the paper size was set at Letter instead of A4. I
also had to uncheck the Allow resize A4/Letter check box.

ouch Thanks for reminding me of that one :-) (I really don't like that resize
option, but some people tell me they utterly rely on it...)