Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Including text boxes in TOC

Hello All,
I am using text boxes to place some headings in my document. Have
included the style of Header 3 and 4 for the text in the boxes. Is
there any way to show thie heading in the TOC as well. At the moment
not showing. Even tried to place this text in a 2 column table, as i
need 2 headings side by side in a line, but the table heading do no
show up in the TOC as well.
Help needed
Asad Toor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

Word cannot see text inside text boxes for the purpose of TOC
creation. But it should see text in a table cell. Did you make sure
that at least one paragraph inside the cell had the proper style
applied, and did you update the TOC (for example, by right-clicking it
and selecting the Update Field command)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All,
I am using text boxes to place some headings in my document. Have
included the style of Header 3 and 4 for the text in the boxes. Is
there any way to show thie heading in the TOC as well. At the moment
not showing. Even tried to place this text in a 2 column table, as i
need 2 headings side by side in a line, but the table heading do no
show up in the TOC as well.
Help needed
Asad Toor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Daiya Mitchell

You can try converting the text boxes to frames, which the TOC should see.
See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

For why the TOC can't see text in text boxes, see he
http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

On 12/12/05 1:33 AM, " wrote:

Hello All,
I am using text boxes to place some headings in my document. Have
included the style of Header 3 and 4 for the text in the boxes. Is
there any way to show thie heading in the TOC as well. At the moment
not showing. Even tried to place this text in a 2 column table, as i
need 2 headings side by side in a line, but the table heading do no
show up in the TOC as well.
Help needed
Asad Toor

--