Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
pamh

Default text of labels are in a symbol font

I created address labels for my holiday cards. I am having difficulty
changing the font. When I try all I get is symbols. If I highlight and say
clear formatting, I get symbols. At that point I can change to the HANA font,
but not many others. have any ideas how the symbol formatting became locked
in?
pam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi pam,

I created address labels for my holiday cards. I am having difficulty
changing the font. When I try all I get is symbols. If I highlight and say
clear formatting, I get symbols. At that point I can change to the HANA font,
but not many others. have any ideas how the symbol formatting became locked
in?

Sounds as if this may have been some kind of special unicode font. HANA, I take
it, is a Japanese font?

What is the default font (the font used by the Normal style) on your
installation? Which version of Word do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)