Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Norman

Default convert manual line return to tab

Have a list that I want to put into either a spread sheet or database.
The list has "manual line returns" (a left facing arrow with a a vertical
line at the beginning)
I need to replace the manual line return with a tab.
How do I do this?
URGENTLY need answer.

Thank you
n kabak
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Richard O. Neville

Use the Replace function. Both the Manual Line Break (its official name) and
the Tab Character are available on the "Special" menu that appears when you
click "More." Try replacing a couple by hand; if it works well, click
"Replace all."