Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mahal1940

Default Pagination of several docs in one doc

Hi,
I want to combine several docs that are each with page numbers using
footers. eg...
Lesson 1: Page 1 (2 and 3)
Lesson 2: Page 1, etc
Lesson 3: Page 1 and so forth.
When I try to open a new doc and copy and paste each lesson into it, the
pagination
footers get messed up or do not copy into the new doc.
Can I do this and how would I do it. THANKS in advance
JP
--
mahal1940
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

You need to use Section Breaks in order to restart the page numbering for
each section. See

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm

HTH |:)

"mahal1940" wrote:

Hi,
I want to combine several docs that are each with page numbers using
footers. eg...
Lesson 1: Page 1 (2 and 3)
Lesson 2: Page 1, etc
Lesson 3: Page 1 and so forth.
When I try to open a new doc and copy and paste each lesson into it, the
pagination
footers get messed up or do not copy into the new doc.
Can I do this and how would I do it. THANKS in advance
JP
--
mahal1940

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dwane Dwane is offline

I have imported from other documents that someone else set up and the
pagination is completely messed up (1, 2, 3, then, 5, then 1, then 6, 7, 8,
etc.) I have tried chosing "same as previous" for each section footer and
have tried clicking on continue previous numbering (or whatever it is) to
ensure that the numbering is continuous from section to section but this does
not work. I have tried removing all numbering, but as soon as I try to put
numbering in again, the numbers are screwed up again. I am at my wit's end
trying to fix this. ANy suggestions?

"mahal1940" wrote:

Hi,
I want to combine several docs that are each with page numbers using
footers. eg...
Lesson 1: Page 1 (2 and 3)
Lesson 2: Page 1, etc
Lesson 3: Page 1 and so forth.
When I try to open a new doc and copy and paste each lesson into it, the
pagination
footers get messed up or do not copy into the new doc.
Can I do this and how would I do it. THANKS in advance
JP
--
mahal1940

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The cause for this is often a numbering restart in a Continuous section in
the middle of a page. To access the numbering for such sections, you can
either insert a manual page break temporarily (to get access to the
header/footer), or you can access Format Page Number by going in through
Insert | Page Numbers. Just be sure to click Close rather than OK when
closing the Page Numbers dialog so you don't insert an extra page number.