Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
burtperks

Default sequential page numbers in word 2005

I used Doug Robbins directions for Sequentially numbering multiple copies of
single document using a macro.

All seemed to work fine until I got to 125 pages, when the sequential
numbers stopped printing. After many hours of trying to get it reworking I
removed then reinstalled the above macro, however now it won't work at all
and returns a COMPILE ERROR: assignment to constant not permitted, and
highlight the Default = (8th line down of macro)
Please help me I am desperate to fix this problem and can not finish my work
without a solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Changing the line

ActiveDocument.PrintOut

ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background: = False

will probably overcome the stopping a 125 pages problem

I am not sure about the Default problem, but you can probably get around it
by replacing

Dim Message As String, Title As String, Default As String, NumCopies As Long
Dim Rng1 As Range

' Set prompt.
Message = "Enter the number of copies that you want to print"
' Set title.
Title = "Print"
' Set default.
Default = "1"

' Display message, title, and default value.
NumCopies = Val(InputBox(Message, Title, Default))

With

Dim NumCopies As Long
Dim Rng1 As Range

NumCopies = Val(InputBox("Enter the number of copies that you want to
print", "Print", "1"))

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.