Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
getravel

Default Desired pages not printing

Can someone explain the logic behind this and is there a way to change this??

I have a 23 page document set up as follows:

Title page (No page number in the footer)
Change History page (Page number is 'i' - Roman numeral 1)
TOC page (Page number is 'ii')
Body of document (Pages are numbered 1 - 20)

If I want to print a specific page (e.g., Page 10), in the Print dialogue
window, I can type '10' in the Pages box, Click OK, and I will get the
printout for just Page 10 from the body of the document - even though this is
the 13th page of the document. This is good, this is what I wanted.

But if I follow the same procedure and type '2' in the Pages box, I do not
get a printout of Page 2 from the body of the document. Rather, I get Pages
ii (the TOC page), and Pages 1-2 from the body of the document.

Why don't I get just Page 2 from the body of the document??

I realize I can use the Current page option in the Print dialogue box, but I
need to understand the logic behind the above scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
getravel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Obviously you have some Section Breaks in your document in which case you
need to specify the number of the Section as well as the page number to be
sure that you get what you want.

I cannot be sure exactly how many Sections you have (it could be 2 or 3) but
you can tell what Section you are in by looking at the status bar. To print
page 2 of the body of the document. you would specify

p2s#

where # is the number of the Section used for the body of the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP