Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NITRAM RENRAS

Default HOW DO I DELETE WORD FILE?

I WAS ABLE TO DELTE FILES FROM WORD AS YOU INSTRUTED. HOWEVER, THE NAME OF
THE FILE REMAINS ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHEN I OPEN WORD. HOW DO I DELETE THE NAME
OF THE DELETED FILE.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default How do I delete a Word file?

From the help menu:
Clear the history of recently used files
1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General
tab.
2.. Clear the Recently used file list check box, and then click OK.
The list of recently used files is cleared, and no history of your
file usage is kept. To start a new history of recently used files, do the
following:

1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General
tab.
2.. Select the Recently used file list check box, and then click OK.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"NITRAM RENRAS" NITRAM wrote in message
I WAS ABLE TO DELTE FILES FROM WORD AS YOU INSTRUTED. HOWEVER, THE NAME OF
THE FILE REMAINS ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHEN I OPEN WORD. HOW DO I DELETE THE
NAME
OF THE DELETED FILE.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although there is no way to remove a filename from the Getting Started task
pane directly, you can remove it from the MRU list at the bottom of the File
menu, and that will also remove it from the task pane. Click
Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen. The mouse pointer will change to a black bar (I like to
think of it as a giant minus sign). Click on the filename you want to
remove. Be careful with this tool, as it will remove *any* menu item you
click on (but it is "used up" after one use and, if triggered accidentally,
can be dismissed with ESC).

Note that Anne's solution, while it will work, will remove *all* the files
from the MRU list.