Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GaryC.

Default Italics became standard w/ Word2002. How do I change that?

All of a sudden, Italics became standard w/ Word2002. How do I change that? I
use Word as email editor and it automatically wants me to type in italics for
emails and documents. TIA.
--
GaryC.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ERR229

It sounds as though someone click the Default button in the font dialog box.
That changes the Normal.dot (which is the base template for all new
documents).

To fix the problem:
From the Format menu, choose Font.
In the Style list, choose Regular.
Click the Default button (bottom left of the dialog box).
When prompted, "Do you want to change..." Click Yes.

That should fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

--
ERR229