Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cbictech

Default How do I print several rows on one merge document

I desire to put together a mail merge that lists all the classes a student
takes. The classes are produced from an Access Query and each row consists
of a single class. The list will ultimately be emailed to their advisor
(which is why I'm not using an Access report). I am using "Next Record If"
to get the list of classes. It works if I hard code a Bookmark with the
actual student ID. But I can't figure out how to set the variable from the
database.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

If you have field StudentID in the list of fields in your mail merge data
source and you want to store it in a bookmark called myID, use

{ SET myID { MERGEFIELD StudentID } }

where the fields are nested, i.e. both pairs of {} are the special field
codes you can insert using ctrl-F9

If you need to set an initial value at the stqart of the merge, you can use
something like

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "{ SET myID "" }" "" }

Peter Jamieson
"cbictech" wrote in message
I desire to put together a mail merge that lists all the classes a student
takes. The classes are produced from an Access Query and each row
consists
of a single class. The list will ultimately be emailed to their advisor
(which is why I'm not using an Access report). I am using "Next Record
If"
to get the list of classes. It works if I hard code a Bookmark with the
actual student ID. But I can't figure out how to set the variable from the
database.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
grandpa_potts

Have you considered a cross-tab query? I run into this problem often (as I
am an advisor for graduate students). I setup a hidden cross tab query that
does the calculation, and then base a select query off of the cross tab query
in order to complete the merge. Just a thought.