Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Stahl

Default word table merge field formatting

I have a table in Word of a specific size (16 rows x 16 columns; total of
6mm x 9mm) which contains cells (some merged to make larger size cells) that
have many different font formats. This table has a link to Excel and I wish
to mail merge many different fields. My problem is that when I insert
merged fields into my table, the size of the cells change because of the
name of the actual field, not the value. If I manually enter the actual
value there is ample room in the cell and is size does not change. How do I
keep the format of the cell and prevent its size from increasing when I
perform Insert Merge Fields ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Select the table - then Table autofit fixed column width. Then Table
table properties row set row height to an exact figure.

Rick Stahl wrote:
I have a table in Word of a specific size (16 rows x 16 columns;
total of 6mm x 9mm) which contains cells (some merged to make larger
size cells) that have many different font formats. This table has a
link to Excel and I wish to mail merge many different fields. My
problem is that when I insert merged fields into my table, the size
of the cells change because of the name of the actual field, not the
value. If I manually enter the actual value there is ample room in
the cell and is size does not change. How do I keep the format of
the cell and prevent its size from increasing when I perform Insert
Merge Fields ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Stahl

WOW ! Thank you very much; this is exactly what I needed. I greatly
appreciate it ! By the way you have an awesome web page.